Wild mushrooms foraging for beginners 2
September 25, 2022
Tremanskärr Nature Reserve and Trail
Join us for a wild mushroom foraging tour at Tremanskärr Nature Reserve and Trail ! This is the second workshop designed for beginners. You will be introduced to the most common wild mushrooms in Finland. No previous knowledge of mushrooms is required!
Biologist Anna Nyman of “Foraging in Finland” will be our guide. The foraging workshop will be held in English (and Finnish mushroom names!) and includes:
• A beginner’s foraging walk to identify wild edible mushrooms
• Introducing the local ecology and nature around Helsinki
• Learning terrain where mushrooms grow
• Leaning to identify and safely use the most common Finnish wild mushrooms
• Learning about preserving mushrooms, including drying and freezing
• Understanding everyman’s rights and the importance of sustainable foraging
• E-book about Finnish wild mushrooms in Finland (in English; available in Finnish)
– As we will be foraging away from the main paths, the workshop is not suitable for prams or strollers or for young children.
– The availability of mushrooms depends on the weather conditions of autumn and varies in different terrains.
Not a Slow Food Member? Want to join our movement? A one-year Slow Food Helsinki membership starts at €25 for students and includes special discounts and exclusive access to some events. Be part of the Slow Food revolution! Join us here.
We are organising meetings and food related events where you can talk, eat, and meet other food enthusiasts like you!
More info about Slow Food Helsinki
More info about Slow Food Nordic
More info about Slow Food International