Date & Time
Date(s) - June 18, 2022
3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Syötävä Puisto (Edible Park)
Want to learn how to forage and use wild herbs?
A wild herb workshop is an adventure in the local nature, and the best way to learn healing effects and fascinating tastes of herbs growing in the wild.
During the workshop, you will learn nutritional factors, medicinal effects and biology of wild plants and hear fascinating stories about folk traditions and the magical effects of the plants.Wild plants can also be used in home cooking easily. Take a morning walk with us and get inspiration for “forest to table” meals!
The workshop covers about 10-20 plants, depending on the location and the level of expertise of the group. After the workshop, participants will receive an e-book about wild herbs in Finland so they can continue their studies at home.
This foraging workshop includes:
- A beginner’s foraging walk to identify wild edible and medicinal plants
- Learning to identify and use the most common Finnish wild herbs & vegetables safely
- Learning about preserving plants – drying, blanching, and freezing
- Understanding everyman’s rights and the importance of sustainable foraging
- E-book about Finnish wild herbs and vegetables.
The workshop is hosted by Anna Nyman. Anna is a biologist and a certified wild food guide. She also studies herbalism and will finish her studies in August 2022. Follow her instagram account for more!
Duration: 15:00-17:30 (2,5 hours)
Admission: €50.00 for Non-members, €35.00 for Slow Food Helsinki members
Meeting place: Syötävä Puisto, Mustikkamaanpolku 10, Helsinki
Bookings are closed for this event.