Date & Time
Date(s) - May 25, 2022
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Note / Huom! This event is privately organised for Aalto University students. If you are not in Aalto University, please check out our other public foraging events.
Want to learn how to forage and use wild herbs?
A wild herb workshop is an adventure in the local nature and during it you will learn about the healing effects and fascinating tastes of herbs growing in the wild. The workshop is a great way to learn about the nutritional factors, medicinal effects and biology of wild plants. In addition, during the workshop you’ll hear fascinating stories about folk traditions and the magical effects of the plants.
In this workshop, participants will also realise how wild plants can be easily used in home cooking. The workshop covers about 10-20 plants, depending on the location and the level of expertise of the group. After the workshop, participants will receive an e-book about wild herbs in Finland so they can continue their studies at home.
The foraging workshop includes:
- A beginner’s foraging walk to identify wild edible and medicinal plants
- Learning to identify and use the most common Finnish wild herbs & vegetables safely
- Learning about preserving plants – drying, blanching, and freezing
- Understanding everyman’s rights and the importance of sustainable foraging
- E-book about Finnish wild herbs and vegetables.
Duration: 2.5 hours (16:00-18:30)
Admission: €25.00 for Non-members, €20.00 for Slow Food Helsinki members
Location: Villa Elfvik nature house (Villa Elfvikin luontotalo, Address: Elfvikintie 4, 02600 Espoo) in Laajalahti
Bookings are closed for this event.